INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us. When you make a purchase from Totally Rad, whether online or elsewhere, you provide us with Personal Information such as your name, email address, mailing address, credit card info, and phone number. When you sign up for a product trial, we also collect your name and email address, as product trials are stored in our store’s database as orders as well. You may also give us Personal Information when you sign up for our mailing list, take a survey, interact with our support system, or send us email.
Visitor Tracking. When you visit the Totally Rad website, we may install tracking cookies on your computer via your browser, log your IP address, or use other means to track your behavior while using our website, or the website of affiliated people and companies.
- Product Usage Data. Some Totally Rad products may send data to our servers from time to time. This data may include statistics on how you use the product, login information, and other Personal Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Most of the personal information you provide to us is used to facilitate online ordering of our products. Credit card transactions online require a billing address, for instance, to verify your identity. Your email address, in this case, is necessary to send your order receipt and download links after your purchase. We keep this information in our system indefinitely to provide service to you in the future (for instance, if you need to re-download a past purchase).
Your email address is used by Totally Rad to contact you with order receipts, company news, product updates, and other information and communication we feel you’d be interested in, including responses to emails and inquiries you’ve sent to us. We typically keep records of all email communication, which helps us provide better service to you in the future, should the need arise.
For some of our products, the email address and password you used to create an account in our store is used to verify product ownership at installation time.
- Tracking cookies, server logs, IP addresses, and other Personal Information, whether stored on your computer or our servers, is used by Totally Rad to improve our marketing, and to assign sales commissions to members of our affiliate program, where applicable. For instance, clicking on a link that leads to our site may install a tracking cookie on your computer that helps us to understand your behavior, and to gauge the effectiveness of our various programs.
HOW AND WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Totally Rad is not in the business of selling your email address or other personal information to other companies or individuals. However, we may from time to time send email on the behalf of another entity when we feel that you’d benefit by the information.
- Because your Personal Information is sometimes stored on external servers administered by other trusted companies, administrators and employees of those companies may be able to access that data.
Where appropriate, we use SSL encryption and other technologies to protect your data when in transit and while storing it on our servers. Particularly sensitive data, such as credit card numbers and passwords, are always protected by data encryption.
- Access to your Personal Information at Totally Rad is limited to employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us.
CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To update your information, including requesting removal of your account, you can contact us with your request and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
To request removal of your information in accordance with EU laws contact us and we will remove all records of your information within 30 days. Please specify request for complete removal or removal with the Legitimate Interest Exception so that we may continue to provide service and support.
- You can unsubscribe from your newsletter subscription, if applicable, by clicking on the unsubscribe link in a newsletter email. In this case, your email address will remain in our system in a blacklist to ensure that we don’t re-add you to the list in the future.
CHANGES, APPLICABILITY, AND OTHER MISC STUFF
- If you are a resident of the State of California, and you want information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices under California Civil Code section 1798.83, you must contact us at the link below, indicating your preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
FTC DISCLOSURE REGARDING MATERIAL RELATIONSHIPS
The FTC wants you to know a thing or two about the content on our site, and it’s probably a good idea to tell you anyway. We sometimes receive products for review on the Totally Rad site, and usually these are provided to us by the manufacturer, free of charge. We usually get to keep them, too. Yes, that’s nifty for us. It also means that there’s a “material connection” between us and the manufacturer in those circumstances. However, we are committed to writing and publishing only things that we believe to be true. We won’t BS you just because we got something for free.
We also will occasionally promote or mention services such as workshops, seminars, websites, etc that we think are worthy of your attention. As you might have guessed from the previous paragraph, there are sometimes material relationships in play there as well. While we don’t accept payment directly for promoting things, many of the seminars and workshops we promote are taught by members of our affiliate program, who make extra money by referring customers to us (and this is just one possible example).
As in just about every business, there’s a lot of back-scratching that goes on, and a lot of favors and tokens traded back and forth. It’s a complex cycle, and if were to graph it out it would take up an entire wall. Despite that, we will only mention or promote things we believe in, and we only seek to be promoted by people we respect and trust. We’re constantly seeking a win-win-win for everyone involved – us, our customers, and the people sending customers and fans our way.
So, long story short, we sometimes have material relationships with the people and companies we mention on our site, but we’re not whores.
- Any questions? Shoot us a message – we’re an open book!